I was driving in the right lane when a commercial freight truck swerved into my car totaling it

Asked over 1 year ago - Lodi, NJ

He claims someone cut him off , however I saw nothing but him hit me . My car was leased and I had 2 remaining payments left . I have been dealing with my insurance company because they tell me dealing with commercial insurance companies are complicated . I am all ready out my $ 500 deductible , and car rental amount , among other expenses . I am angry because I don't feel I should shell out any money at all for something that was not my fault . When I ask questions the answers are vague about when I will be getting my money back . Also I have major anxiety over this whole experience .

1. Keith G Langer

Pro

12

Answered . Insurance companies do not make money by paying claims. Delay and deny are the standard responses, with the intent of wearing claimants down.

You may wish to retain counsel to deal with them. The NJ and your county bar associations can provide referrals.

The foregoing is for general information purposes and does not establish an attorney-client relationship.
  2. David B Pittman

Pro

12

Answered . Does the accident report cite you at fault? Has your insurance company taken the position that top you were the at fault party, you need to hire a personal injury lawyer if you were injured and they can help you sort out this mess. But first you need to determine who is at fault. You can have a consultation with a lawyer and see if they can help you figure it out. Most personal injury lawyer give a free consultation so it would be worth the time.

3. Michael A Ferrara Jr

Pro

10

Answered . Sorry to learn. You may want to take your anger to Trenton where these is pending a bad faith bill to make insurance companies in NJ act in good faith or be punished. NJ is one of the few states without a bad faith bill, so insurance companies do what they want to mess with their policy holders and the entire system suffers. For example, there are 60,000 PIP arbitrations filed each year. Those are claims for no fault benefits where your own company turns on you. Keep fighting with us and we can change this.

4. Daniel Nelson Deasy

11

Answered . I presume you were not hurt, so you do not need a personal injury attorney.

You are therefore in a tough place. You may want to pay a civil litigator to get involved and craft a letter to your carrier or any otehr carrier involved.

Best of luck.

Dan

5. Kevin Coluccio

10

Answered . I would suggest that you at least talk with a personal injury attorney. Go to the "find a lawyer" tab and look for one in your community.

6. Angelo Jamie Vasquez

7

Answered . Dealing with an insurance company can often be a real nightmare as you described. You just have to stay ontop of them. Were you injured as well?

If you would like to discuss it further we can speak offline. I can be reached at:

James@jamesvasquezlaw.com

Pro

6

Answered . Luckily a couple of the lawyers above have offered to help.

Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755 www.InjuryLawyerPhiladelphia.com