I was divorced last year. Now it's tax time &I'm wondering, how much of what I'm paying is taxable and deductible on state & fed

* Uncontested (no fault) Divorce *I have questions about who can raise, lower, or end pay amounts and dates *This is the entirety of the Uncontested Divorce Agreement signed on 4/21/2012 and final last July I, (husband’s name) do agree to continue paying the auto insurance on the (car year make & model) as long as our daughter is in school or until she is financially able to pay it herself. I also agree to continue paying for the cell phones as well as the monthly storage building fee as long as this is needed. Every week I intend to mail a check to (wife’s name) in the amount of $60.00 or more to help with their needs since (wife’s name) is totally disabled. I also consider myself responsible for paying the fees for the Divorce. (husband and wife names) (date) (notary name and stamp)

Norcross, GA -

David S. Delugas

David S. Delugas

Business Attorney - Marietta, GA

I am hoping that the Final Judgment and Decree of Divorce a Georgia judge signed has more specifics than you listed. Child support is not deductible by the payor or income to the payee. The cost of the divorce is not likely deductible under any scenario. You could ask a tax advisor. If you are also asking about modification, modification can be agreed by your former spouse and you but it isn't effective unless approved by a judge (which means filing an action to modify). Consider booking a phone Session with me, the 99 Dollar Lawyer.