Skip to main content

I was discharged with no notice from my Orthopedic doctor, after I made a complaint and asked to review my medical records.

Hammond, IN |

I had reason to believe proper medical records were not being recorded , I started going to this orthopedic Dr's practice in November & from the beginning the standard of care was terrible . Being I was on public aid I had very few choices near me to see a specialist . After my first appointment I immediately tried to go to a training hospital , but the commute was too great for my situation and I was left with no choice but him . While ongoing with treatment , every single appointment I went to was terrible and i had to remind them why I was there . I filed a complaint with HF right after my last appointment , and scheduled a medical history review . At the review a whole slew of bad things went down and I had the foresight to record the 2 hour ordeal which I was billed for and ended w / discharge .

Is malpractice an exclusive remedy? and what is Tort? is tort criminal or civil? and in the case of the former, I would have to contact the state attorney general? The law as I read it plainly states 844 IAC 5-2-4 "You shall not abandon any patient." and if malpractice is an exclusive remedy, how does the Indiana Medical Malpractice Act interpret a case of abandonment? I am following up with a family physician to handle my depression/anxiety/pain, but if i can't wait until my appointment living with the sudden drop from my medicine I am going to the hospital... and 3 days prior to discharge dr, ordered 3 seperate electrical tests for me to make appointsments to get. I was definately in the middle of treatment when this was dropped on me.

Attorney Answers 5

  1. What is your question? Were you damaged permanently by the terrible standard of care?

    Mr. Padove is licensed to practice law in Illinois and Indiana. The response herein is not legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information about the matter within the question. Oftentimes the question does not include significant and important facts and timelines that, if known, could significantly change the reply and make it unsuitable. Mr. Padove strongly advises the questioner to confer with an attorney in your state in order to ensure proper advice is received. If this information has been helpful, please indicate below. (219) 836 2200

  2. I'm sorry but I can't find a question to answer.

    Call for a free consultation at 727-937-1400 or visit us on the Web at

  3. If you are asking whether a medical practice has to give notice prior to discharging a patient from care, then answer, as far as I know, is "no."

    Attorney Inga Stevens is licensed in Maine. She provides general information on No attorney-client relationship arises out of the information given here.

  4. There is nothing to pursue here legally. You have made your complaints known now concentrate on treatment somewhere else.

  5. What is your question?

    Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755

Lawsuits and disputes topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics