I was discharged with a General, under other than honorable for resigning in lieu of Court Martial. Can I get this upgraded?

Asked 12 months ago - Meridian, ID

There was a field grade article 15 for actions down range, my rank at the time was CW2. Beyond the discharge, all records were restricted.

1. William Emil Cassara

Pro

4

1

Best Answer

Answered . You have 15 years to apply. Whether it will be successful depends on the particular facts of your case. I agree with Mr. Stackhouse that you are likely in for an uphill battle. Like him, I would be happy to review your case free of charge.

2. Phillip Edward Stackhouse

5

1

Answered . It's possible thru the Discharge Review Boards. Difficult, but possible. General to honorable is hard anyway, but since it was in lieu if court-martial it's even harder. I can discuss it with you in a free consultation at my office number. But to answer your question - yes.

3. Daniel Nelson Deasy

1

1

Answered . Take Mr. Stackhouse up on his offer.

4. John Daniel Hafemann

1

1

Answered . In order to have your characterization of service upgraded you have to apply to the Army Discharge Review Board (ADRB). Additional information is available on my website. Call me for a free consultation. Good luck.

5. Timothy James Bilecki

Pro

Answered . Technically you can have this upgraded, but it is going to be an uphill battle. Two factors are going against you, the first is that you were were discharged via a Chapter 10 or SILT. The second factor against you is that you are trying to upgrade from a general to an honorable. Each case is unique and will be based on the facts, but if you want a shot at upgrading, I recommend you work with a lawyer who specializes in this area. This is not something our law firm would handle.