I was discharged for tardiness and absences, after I complained to HR about the fact that my team manager sexualy harasses me.

Asked over 1 year ago - Albuquerque, NM

Another girl complained 2 weeks after I did, and she had proofs (text messages).Then a third girl complained, and I know another girl ahead of me got fired in similar circumstances.
I worked in a call center doing customer care and sales.I inquired about my comissions, and payroll lied I was not paid for my sales because my score is 50 (customers feedback). When my new manager verified my score we both saw is 80. I asked her to print me out the info, she refused.Aprox. one month after that been fired
I applied for unemployment, they have been denied based on folowing issues: CHG -Section 51-1-11B and 11.3.400.419 NMAC
MC-51-1-7A(1) and 51-1-7A(2).
I was late & explained that couldn't wake up,worked 50h's that week&moved out to motel, spouse abuse(dialed911)Hearing appeal on wednesday.
Ty

1. Norman Antonio Stiteler

Answered . First, it appears from what you have written, the company may have responded to the report of sexual harassment, in that you had a new manager, and it was this new manager who terminated you.

Next, it appears that you were subsequently terminated because you were late.

The question is whether a reasonable person would see the second event as being linked to the sexual harassment. It is possible they would, although I am not certain they would. If they would not, then you have to realize that NM has at-will employment state which means you can be terminated for being tardy.

If you believe that you were terminated for an improper reason, I would you can look for a free consult from an attorney who can review the facts with you.