I was discharged for tardiness and absences, after I complained to HR about the fact that my team manager sexualy harasses me.

Albuquerque, NM |

Another girl complained 2 weeks after I did, and she had proofs (text messages).Then a third girl complained, and I know another girl ahead of me got fired in similar circumstances.
I worked in a call center doing customer care and sales.I inquired about my comissions, and payroll lied I was not paid for my sales because my score is 50 (customers feedback). When my new manager verified my score we both saw is 80. I asked her to print me out the info, she refused.Aprox. one month after that been fired
I applied for unemployment, they have been denied based on folowing issues: CHG -Section 51-1-11B and 11.3.400.419 NMAC
MC-51-1-7A(1) and 51-1-7A(2).
I was late & explained that couldn't wake up,worked 50h's that week&moved out to motel, spouse abuse(dialed911)Hearing appeal on wednesday.
Ty

1. First, it appears from what you have written, the company may have responded to the report of sexual harassment, in that you had a new manager, and it was this new manager who terminated you.

Next, it appears that you were subsequently terminated because you were late.

The question is whether a reasonable person would see the second event as being linked to the sexual harassment. It is possible they would, although I am not certain they would. If they would not, then you have to realize that NM has at-will employment state which means you can be terminated for being tardy.

If you believe that you were terminated for an improper reason, I would you can look for a free consult from an attorney who can review the facts with you.

I am licensed in New Mexico and Pennsylvania, and therefore any discussion of issues related to other states must considered within that context. In addition, my comments are not intended to create a legal representation but merely to respond to the limited facts presented by the question. Any opinion herein is not meant as a precise statement of legal rights or as a recommendation of any particular course of action. A more complete legal review can be obtained through local counsel.