I was detained in Clearfield County Pennsylvania on 6/20/2012

North Tonawanda, NY |
Filed under: Criminal defense

With the search of my car the police officer found 8 different types of packets of potpourri. I was not charged at that time but was placed in lock up over night. I have sense moved to Niagara County New York. On 4/16/2013 I receive a certified letter that was forwarded to my new address by the post office. The letter was a notice of a preliminary hearing, date May 8 2013. My question is will I get a public defender for Clearfield county PA or Niagara county NY. Will they detain me at the preliminary on flight risk?
The charges are:
35 § 780-113 §§ A30-(Lead) Manufacture, Delivery, or Possession With intent to Manufacture
or Deliver
35 § 780-113 §§ A32-Use/Poss Of Drug Paraph
35 § 780-113 §§ A16- Int Poss Contr Subst By Per Not Reg

1. This has nothing to do with NY so I suggest you repost your question in the PA Avvo section. You can get a public defender if you are indigent.

I am a former federal and State prosecutor and now handle criminal defense and personal injury/civil rights cases. Feel free to check out my web site and contact me at (212) 577-9797 or via email at Eric@RothsteinLawNY.com. I was named to the Super Lawyers list as one of the top attorneys in New York for 2012. No more than 5 percent of the lawyers in the state are selected by Super Lawyers. The above answer is for informational purposes only and not meant as legal advice.

2. Contact the public defender or criminal legal aid for the county in which you were arrested for assistance in Penn, as you should get attorney intervention/representation before the hearing.

If you found this "helpful" or "best answer," please click it with my appreciation. My response is for educational purposes and does not constitute legal advice nor creates an attorney client relationship which requires all the details and a personal conference.

3. This is a PA case. You will get a public defender if you are indigent. Otherwise contact a local PA lawyer ASAP.