I was detained in Clearfield County Pennsylvania on 6/20/2012

Asked over 1 year ago - North Tonawanda, NY

With the search of my car the police officer found 8 different types of packets of potpourri. I was not charged at that time but was placed in lock up over night. I have sense moved to Niagara County New York. On 4/16/2013 I receive a certified letter that was forwarded to my new address by the post office. The letter was a notice of a preliminary hearing, date May 8 2013. My question is will I get a public defender for Clearfield county PA or Niagara county NY. Will they detain me at the preliminary on flight risk?
The charges are:
35 § 780-113 §§ A30-(Lead) Manufacture, Delivery, or Possession With intent to Manufacture
or Deliver
35 § 780-113 §§ A32-Use/Poss Of Drug Paraph
35 § 780-113 §§ A16- Int Poss Contr Subst By Per Not Reg

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Eric Edward Rothstein

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . This has nothing to do with NY so I suggest you repost your question in the PA Avvo section. You can get a public defender if you are indigent.

    I am a former federal and State prosecutor and now handle criminal defense and personal injury/civil rights cases.... more
  2. Marco Caviglia

    Contributor Level 19


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . Contact the public defender or criminal legal aid for the county in which you were arrested for assistance in Penn, as you should get attorney intervention/representation before the hearing.

    If you found this "helpful" or "best answer," please click it with my appreciation. My response is for... more
  3. John M. Cromwell


    Contributor Level 16


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . This is a PA case. You will get a public defender if you are indigent. Otherwise contact a local PA lawyer ASAP.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

31,232 answers this week

3,316 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

31,232 answers this week

3,316 attorneys answering