I was detained in Clearfield County Pennsylvania on 6/20/2012

Asked over 1 year ago - North Tonawanda, NY

With the search of my car the police officer found 8 different types of packets of potpourri. I was not charged at that time but was placed in lock up over night. I have sense moved to Niagara County New York. On 4/16/2013 I receive a certified letter that was forwarded to my new address by the post office. The letter was a notice of a preliminary hearing, date May 8 2013. My question is will I get a public defender for Clearfield county PA or Niagara county NY. Will they detain me at the preliminary on flight risk?
The charges are:
35 § 780-113 §§ A30-(Lead) Manufacture, Delivery, or Possession With intent to Manufacture
or Deliver
35 § 780-113 §§ A32-Use/Poss Of Drug Paraph
35 § 780-113 §§ A16- Int Poss Contr Subst By Per Not Reg

1. Eric Edward Rothstein

2

Answered . This has nothing to do with NY so I suggest you repost your question in the PA Avvo section. You can get a public defender if you are indigent.

2. Marco Caviglia

1

Answered . Contact the public defender or criminal legal aid for the county in which you were arrested for assistance in Penn, as you should get attorney intervention/representation before the hearing.

3. John M. Cromwell

Pro

1

Answered . This is a PA case. You will get a public defender if you are indigent. Otherwise contact a local PA lawyer ASAP.