I was deported in 2009, do i still qualify for dream act?

Asked 3 months ago - Aurora, CO

I was applying for a permanent resident status and i had my appointment in cd Juarez, but it was denied when i was trying to get back i got deported but i still came back, i was out of the usa for about a month. Do i qualify?

Additional information

I was referring to DACA

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Giacomo Jacques Behar


    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . No. Illegal Reentry after removal not only disqualifies you from DACA. but also subjects you to the "lifetime bar" which means you will have to spend 10 years outside the US before you could even think of applying for anything.

    Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that... more
  2. Igor Serbinin


    Contributor Level 12

    Answered . Possible solution for you can be in the details of your "deported". consult with removal specialist to get a better picture of your eligibility.

    We are full service immigration and international family law firm with attorneys licensed to practice in Colorado... more
  3. Geoffrey Alan Hoffman

    Contributor Level 16

    Answered . If you otherwise qualified for DACA, then the issue is whether your departure was "brief casual and innocent" from the US. The continuance residence period for DACA can be met even if with short absences from US. However USCIS has specific guidance which provides unfortunately that if the absence was because of an "order of exclusion, deportation, or removal" it will not qualify under the exception. Have a consult with excellent counsel to discuss further but based on your question it does not appear that you meet the continuous residence requirement. An attorney can also help you to determine why you were denied and whether you need a waiver. Good luck

    No attorney-client relationship is created or implied by this communication.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

26,428 answers this week

2,991 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

26,428 answers this week

2,991 attorneys answering