I was deported for a felony /gross misdemeanor that is still pending up to present

Las Vegas, NV |

i was deported in 2006 for a felony / gross misdemeanor PREVENTING OR DISSUADING WITNESS OR VICTIM FROM REPORTING CRIME . this case is still pending and i m still on a bench parent in las Vegas Nevada . i talked to a criminal lawyer and he said that he will get this case dismissed within a month or so . i m steel married to my us citizen wife with whom i have a 11 years old son . now once this case is dismissed what are pleased the steps i need to make to prompt my return to my family . please advise me

Your next step - should the case be dismissed - is to get an experienced immigration attorney. If you had done this before, based on the facts you have presented you probably woyuld not have been deported.

At a minimum, the bench warrant should have been quashed. It is unclear what the basis of dismissal is but there may be witness or evidentiary issues given the delay in prosecuting the case. However, given the deportation you may not legally be able to return to Las Vegas.

The information presented here is for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. The Goodman Law Group, P.C. recommends that you consult an attorney with experience in your specific legal issue. Please contact us to schedule a confidential discussion of your situation. Such communication does not create an attorney-client relationship of any kind until a formal engagement agreement is signed by both you and the Goodman Law Group, P.C.

You really need an immigration lawyer once the case is resolved, not another criminal defense lawyer.

It will largely depend on what the outcome of the case it. I'm not sure I follow what you wrote, but it would be difficult to dismiss it without your presence or compliance with probation -- I don't know how you can be in warrant for so long and get a dismissal.

Clark County, Nevada practitioner.

Recommended articles about Immigration