I was denied unemployment from past employer. Please help!

Fort Smith, AR |

I was working for a company as a mac operator setting up artwork and variable information. There is a QC department set up to check the mac operators work before sending out to customer. I was fired because of mistakes that were made and missed before I turned in proof to the QC department. I was asked to move to this department from another department and told them that I DID NOT want to move. They gave me a oral contract that if I didn't work out in the new department that they would move me elsewhere and that I would get a raise 6 weeks to 6 months into the new department. 1 1/2 years later I still had not received my raise. When they fired me I asked about being moved to another dept. and they said no. Can and should I appeal this?

I assume based on your facts that the employer denied your unemployment compensation on the grounds it had "just cause" to terminate the employment due to the mistatkes that were made. You should check with an employment attorney in your state for representation or legal aid.

THESE COMMENTS ARE NOT LEGAL ADVICE. They are provided for informational purposes only. Actual legal advice can only be provided after consultation by an attorney licensed in your jurisdiction. Answering this question does not create an attorney-client relationship or otherwise require further consultation.

2. I assume based on your facts that the employer denied your unemployment compensation on the grounds it had "just cause" to terminate the employment due to the mistatkes that were made. You should check with an employment attorney in your state for representation or legal aid.