I was denied unemployment due to misconduct/excessive absenteeism. Warned once 90+ days prior to termination. How can i fight?

Naples, FL |

I have missed work due to my children being sick and due to myself being sick quite a number of times in my 13 mo. employment with Germain Motor Company. I was given a written warning due to absence 90+ days prior to my termination. When they terminated me they stated it was due to excessive absenteeism, as i had just missed 8 days of 14 prior. I had turned in a doctor's note for part of that. I have now been denied my unemployment for misconduct. I have just filed an appeal and plan to fight this. Do i have a chance of this being reversed?

Sometimes, the issues confronted are so very specific that it is nearly impossible, if not entirely impossible, for an attorney to give you a proper analysis by way of a summary posting on an internet site. I understand your concern. I know that this is not the answer that you are looking for, but I believe that you will need to obtain a consultation with an attorney to further explore the specific circumstances behind your question.

I truly wish you the best. Please click the ‘thumbs up’ tab below if you find this answer helpful. Thank you.

This answer is offered for informational purposes only. It is not offered as, and does not constitute, legal advice. Laws vary widely from state to state. You should rely only on the advice given to you during a personal consultation by a local attorney who is thoroughly familiar with state laws and the area of practice in which your concern lies.