I was denied unemployment benefits wrongfully i feel. I appealed it today.

Asked 7 months ago - Longmont, CO

i was denied unemployment benefits because i left a job i had for another job that payed more and was in the field i have 15 years of experience in. 4 months later the new company has a layoff because of no funds. I file for unemployment and the state denies me unemployment benefits because i left the previous job on my terms and wasn't let go. how is this possible i have worked for 25 years and never have had a long period of time in between jobs. I have been paying every check for moments like this in case i need money from unemployment. And now i am denied because i took a better job to make a better life for me and my family. How UN-American is that....or is it American.

What can i do to make this right? If i don't have an income how can i hire somebody to help me. I need advice what to do. I'm sure i am not the only person this has happened to in Colorado.

1. Christopher Daniel Leroi

1

Answered . I don't really see that you are asking a question. I definitely understand your frustration and your anger. However, I am not sure what legal advice you are seeking. To tell you that it is "American" or "un-American?" To be honest, I don't know if there is any consensus on what is American or un-American anymore. I think that it is each individual's personal perspective. However, I would hire an employment attorney to assist you with your appeal of the denial.

2. Kevin Eric Mcreynolds

Answered . If you were seeking unemployment benefits from your previous employer whom you left to take another job, it is unlikely that you will win your appeal. With or without legal counsel, this is not a good claim because you chose to leave this employer.

If, on the other hand, you are seeking unemployment benefits from the new company, I would be surprised that your request for benefits was denied. If this is your scenario, you should look for an attorney versed in this area to help you correct this mistake.