I was denied my section 7 voucher because my apartment was about $22.00 over the limit.

Pewaukee, WI |
Filed under: Section 8 housing

Every time I speak to housing, the have a different reason for termination. I did come up to the line in submitting paperwork, however, two senior centers declined me due to my credit. When I finally found one (before the voucher date) then said it was too late and the apartment was too much. I maybe could have worked with the landlord for the amount that was over, but housing never returned any of my many calls. I was not given the opportunity to even find another appropriate rental even though I had around 8 days left. What do you think. I've been around and around with them. I've now been evicted and have no where to go. I've been living in my car. I thought this was supposed to help people in need. Please answer.

1. Maybe they will lower the rent by $22.00. You should ask.

2. There are quite a few transitional housing shelters in the Milwaukee area. I suggest you try seeking guidance there. In my area, quite a ways north of you, there is a non-profit organization whose primary aim is to help people without homes. I would guess there are similar organizations in Milwaukee who can help you sort this out. Good luck and God bless you.

This response is intended for informational purposes only and does not create an attorney-client relationship or constitute legal advice.

Landlord-tenant topics