I was denied my section 7 voucher because my apartment was about $22.00 over the limit.

Asked about 1 year ago - Pewaukee, WI

Every time I speak to housing, the have a different reason for termination. I did come up to the line in submitting paperwork, however, two senior centers declined me due to my credit. When I finally found one (before the voucher date) then said it was too late and the apartment was too much. I maybe could have worked with the landlord for the amount that was over, but housing never returned any of my many calls. I was not given the opportunity to even find another appropriate rental even though I had around 8 days left. What do you think. I've been around and around with them. I've now been evicted and have no where to go. I've been living in my car. I thought this was supposed to help people in need. Please answer.

1. Molly K. Bushman

1

Answered . There are quite a few transitional housing shelters in the Milwaukee area. I suggest you try seeking guidance there. In my area, quite a ways north of you, there is a non-profit organization whose primary aim is to help people without homes. I would guess there are similar organizations in Milwaukee who can help you sort this out. Good luck and God bless you.

2. Cheryl Rivera Smith

1

Answered . Maybe they will lower the rent by $22.00. You should ask.