I was denied my I-751 because my husband was not at the interview. The appointment letter only had my name on it

Asked about 1 year ago - Greenville, NC

we were not aware that we were joint petitioners. Am I allowed to work while I appeal the process. The letter said I lose my rights to reside and work.

1. F. J. Capriotti III

4

Answered . Yes, the appointment letter has confusing instructions.

But, you must have thought, in the back of your mind, that they'd want to talk to him when you two filed a JOINT petition ... proving that you two were still happily married.

Yes, you've lost your work permit ... HIRE A LAWYER IMMEDIATELY ... if not dealt with properly, you could find yourself standing before an Immigration Judge, while the ICE attorney is trying to get you deported ... yes, this is VERY SERIOUS stuff.

2. J Charles Ferrari

3

Answered . A denial would mean you are headed to immigration court. You need to retain an experienced immigration attorney now.

3. Philip Alan Eichorn

2

Answered . Attorney Capriotti is spot on. You absolutely need to hire counsel asap. You must begin to prep to be in front of the immigration judge to appeal a denial.

4. Robert Louis Brown

Pro

2

Answered . Yes you have lost your right work but you have ample opportunity to have this rectified. Hire an immigration attorney as soon as possible as you will probably soon receive a Notice To Appear (NTA) for immigration court.

919.225.3963
    immigration@rbrownllc.com
    www.brownimmigrationNC.com

Robert Brown LLC
    2530 Meridian Parkway, Suite 3050
    Durham, NC 27713

5. Carlos Andres Lopez

Pro

Answered . I am sorry to hear about your misfortune. As my colleagues say, this is a serious situation if you are separated or about to get divorced. You should hire an attorney as soon as possible to review your options because it is a long process to remove the conditions on your greencard.