Skip to main content

I was denied my guard card due to a PC 10980 which is expunger and cant get employees because of it ?

Los Angeles, CA |

completed Rehab not court ordered & charged with two counts of PC10980 felonies . Convicted of one count pc10980 misdemeanor . meet with the IV worker in 6 / 2010 and accounted for all child support received and was reported . from 2009 - 2012 i was active duty periodically and not working for PUSD . I was approved by WIA to attend guard school & completed it . received a BSIS denial letter stating my PC was apart of my job and committed on the job . I worked for Pomona unified as campus security from 5 / 2012 through laid off due to budget cuts on 7 / 17 / 2012 not the PC . the PC was for child support during 2009 / 2010 . also there were periods i was not on calworks . need lawyer for SIS hearing and PC expundgement . i am below poverty level , service connected , homeless , Double Honorable veteran

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


There is a right to administrative appeal of the denial of your card. You received written instructions for utilizing the appeal process along with your notice of denial. That administrative appeal process is your recourse. Unfortunately, you are not entitled to an attorney to be appointed at public expense, and you will need to retain your own counsel if you wish to use counsel.

My responses to questions on Avvo are never intended as legal advice and must not be relied upon as legal advice. I give legal advice only in the course of an attorney-client relationship. Exchange of information through Avvo's Questions forum does not establish an attorney-client relationship with me. That relationship is established only by individual consultation and execution of a written agreement for legal services.


If you expunge the conviction, the BSIS may still give you a hard time. You should be able to explain away your conduct, especially if it was expunged. Unfortunately, there is no real solution to the Child Support issue.

Seth Weinstein, Esq.
Practicing throughout Southern California
(310) 707-7131

This reply should NOT be considered a legal opinion of your case / inquiry. At this time I do not have sufficient factual/legal documentation to give a complete answer to your question and there may be more to the issues you raised then I have set out in my brief reply.

Criminal defense topics

Recommended articles about Criminal defense

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer