I was denied citizenship. what should i do?

Asked over 1 year ago - Bakersfield, CA

I have been living here in the U.S since 1997.I have acquired my Greencard in 2001.. ever since 2008 I go back and fourth to the Philippines to try and finish my studies there..but i never surpassed more than 6 months of stay in the Philippines until 2011..I stayed exactly 6 months in the Philippines because it was so hard to get a plane ticket back to u.s..I filed for citizenship on August 26. did my interview on December 14..I waited for so long to get my oath taking ceremony done and finally get my blue passport, but i received a letter saying i was denied because i lacked days ( 2 months to be exact)..I filed for citizenship on august but i should've filed on November. I miscalculated the days..My morale just went to an all time low..

I can file for an appeal but if i have no ground, i fear that it will be another waste of money and time..What can i do? do i file for a new application? please help me, for i am in deep depression in what happened..I thought my New Year will start out great but unfortunately this event led me to depression. and i feel as though ill just give up all together getting my citizenship and just go back to the Philippines.

1. Carl Michael Shusterman

Pro

11

1

Answered . I agree with Atty Capriotti.

Please click the link at the very bottom for additional information.

---------
    Carl Shusterman, Esq.
    Former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82)
    Board Certified Immigration Attorney (1986 - Present)
    Schedule a Legal Consultation - Telephonic, Skype or In-Person
    https://shusterman.com/intake-secure.html
    600 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 1550
    Los Angeles, CA 90017
    (213) 394-4554 x0
    Web: www.shusterman.com (English)
    www.inmigracion-abogado.com (Spanish)

2. F. J. Capriotti III

2

1

Answered . No offense but I will recommend what you should have done ... and it's not too late.

Make a list of every day in/out of the US since 1997 and meet with an attorney.

It will cost money, but you can do things the 'right way' now.

3. Gintare Grigaite

2

1

Answered . Your best bet is probably refilling brand new. Do not worry or panic too much about it, just start with a brand new application, and if possible, have an immigration attorney handle it.