I was denied an auto accident claim . their word against mine

Ruston, LA |

at the traffic light I was making left turn when I was hit by the other car. no citation was given,,the officer followed the other driver home to get her insurance info. I later found out that there were witnesses. they were behind the other car,,because their name was not n the accident report my witnesses r of no use to their investigation as told to me by her insurance company do I have a case and r the witnesses no good to me what do I do...HELP

Your question is unclear, what color was the light? You may have a claim against a negligent driver. You should contact a personal injury office in your area for a free consultation and discuss the facts with an attorney. Avvo has a great find a lawyer feature.

Please call an attorney, the consultation will be free and is the best way to protect your rights.

Turn it over to your insurance carrier and let them handle it unless you were injured. If you were injured, find a local personal injury attorney and schedule a consultation right away. Good luck with it.

The information provided herein is for informational purposes and should not be construed to establish an attorney client relationship. To establish such a relationship, the prospective client would need to meet with me in person, and have a detailed discussion about all the facts and circumstances surrounding your case.

Best thing to do is to have a local personal injury lawyer investigate. Avvo has a terrific "find a lawyer" tool to find a top-rated Avvo lawyer with a low contingency fee close to your home.

Report it to Your insurance company.
All witnesses matter, insurance adjusters lie.
If you were physically injured then you need to consult with a local personal injury attorney.

Attorney Stacy E. Pepper is licensed in all State and Federal Courts in Mississippi. He is a founding Partner in the law firm of Pepper & Odom, P.C. Nothing posted here constitutes any attorney client relationship and is meant for educational purposes only. Office hours are 8:00 a.m till 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. Phone: 601-914-9219 Facsimile: 888-456-2160 www.pepperodom.com

If you were injured, you should obtain needed medical care and treatment immediately and follow the doctor's advice. Do not give any statement to the adverse party or insurance company nor grant them access to any medical records. Photograph the injuries and the damage done to any property. Contact a personal injury attorney in your area as soon as possible so that you can protect your rights. You may also find it helpful to review the Legal Guides I have published on Avvo.com dealing with many of the issues you are now facing. The Guides can be accessed through my profile page on Avvo.com.

If this incident occurred in the State of Louisiana, do not delay in speaking with an attorney because Louisiana has one of the shortest tort statute of limitations in the country.

Legal Disclaimer:

If this information has been helpful, please indicate below.

Mr. Lundeen is licensed to practice law in Florida and Vermont. The response herein is not legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information about the matter within the question. Oftentimes the question does not include significant and important facts and timelines that, if known, could significantly change the reply and make it unsuitable. Mr. Lundeen strongly advises the questioner to confer with an attorney in your state in order to ensure proper advice is received.

This ans. does not create an attorney/client relationship.