I was defrauded for green card, but when we went in to get approved for the first time

Asked over 1 year ago - San Francisco, CA

not only we did not submit joint documentations, but when we arrived there, the interview (if I can call it that) did not last more than 2 minutes. I am perhaps even exaggerating about those 2 minutes to be honest. It was the quickest in and out I've done and the questions were only asked from my spouse (husband). He was only asked his current address and the date when he met me. We actually got married after 20 days of meeting each other, so they did not even care about that. Now that I am defrauded by him, I hope that they do not go so easy on him considering our previous easy interview. What could be the reason that we were not even really asked anything having not submitted any joint docs. The officer simply asked him those 2 easy questions, left the room for a minute to talk to

someone and came in announcing that we were approved. It's just now, since things turned differently, I hope that my spouse does not get away so easily when we no longer lived together when his conditional green card arrived, so he does not have evidence to submit that he lived with me, plus we are divorced now and I also have reported him to the USCIS. So why do you think they went so easy on him without really asking questions. I was shocked to be honest.

1. Samuel Patrick Ouya Maina

4

Answered . No way to tell. Perhaps the two of you presented a picture of true marital bliss and convinced the Adjudicating Officer that your marriage was real.

2. Alexander Joseph Segal

5

Answered . Please, do yourself a favor, consult with an immigration attorney in private.

3. Andrew Marino Bramante

4

1

Answered . It sounds like you have some healing to do. You should try to move on and let USCIS deal with your spouse. You can be sure that they will. Your "easy" interview is unusual, and your husband will have his hands full when he tries to get the conditions of his green card removed. Chalk it up to a lesson learned and try to move on.

4. Tripti Sharad Sharma

1

Answered . It is his conditional residency and waiver application. The burden is on him. Let him figure things out. Even if you write to the the USCIS, there is very little weigh given to such letters considering the bitterness between parties after a divorce.