I was de-arrested and served arrest warrant later on the same charge (assault on family member)

Asked over 1 year ago - Centreville, VA

After heated fight, I hit my husband with mop stick 3 times for self-defense (my husband didn't hit me) a week ago. The police (2 officers) was called. I was arrested, but the magistrature denied my arrest for insufficient evidence. I was de-arrested, and the office told me this won't be in my record. Today I was served arrest warrant for the same charge filed by another police officer who was called a week ago. Can I be arrested twice for the same charge after I was de-arrested? Or, can I clear up this before the court date with magestrature's office?

1. Rixon Charles Rafter III

4

Answered . You need to stay off the internet--you just admitted to domestice violence in writing..on the internet. This is an open website and the Commonwealth's Attorneys can use your own statement (admission against interest) against you.

Get yourself a criminal defense attorney IMMEDIATELY. Stay off the internet--when you do get that attorney, tell him/her about your mistake in posting your admission. Do not attempt to 'clear this up' yourself.

2. Jeffrey Cantwell Martin

1

Answered . You can be arrested again. The magistrate cannot do anything for you. Call and talk to a local defense attorney.