I was convicted of unlawful sexual conduct with a minor in 2000. I wasn't fully aware of my options. Can it be removed?

Asked over 2 years ago - Marion, OH

I was 20 and she was 15 I was at a party where there were other people. I was definately under the influence and am now trying to get my life back. I'm almost finished with my registry. Is it possible to get the felony removed from my record?

1. Neil Scott Rubin

1

Answered . Very simply, in Ohio, sex crimes can not be expunged because there are enhanced penalties if you do it again so the state needs the prior crime record. Also, since so many years have passed, there is no way to vacate a plea if indeed you pled to the charge (you don't state how the conviction was obtained). I am sorry I could not be more encouraging.

2. Kenneth John Crehan

Answered . In Ohio, you cannot expunge/seal a sexually oriented criminal conviction. Sorry.

3. Edward Jacob Sternisha

Pro

1

1

Answered . It will not be very easy especially if you pled guilty. Voluntary intoxication is not a defense so that will not help you but I am glad you want to get on the right track and move forward with you life. Good Luck!