Skip to main content

I was convicted of unlawful sexual conduct with a minor in 2000. I wasn't fully aware of my options. Can it be removed?

Marion, OH |

I was 20 and she was 15 I was at a party where there were other people. I was definately under the influence and am now trying to get my life back. I'm almost finished with my registry. Is it possible to get the felony removed from my record?

Attorney Answers 3


It will not be very easy especially if you pled guilty. Voluntary intoxication is not a defense so that will not help you but I am glad you want to get on the right track and move forward with you life. Good Luck!

The comments listed here do not create an attorney-client relationship. The comments are for informational purposes only and are not to be considered legal advice. This attorney is only licensed in Michigan and does not give legal advice in any other state. All comments are to be considered conversational information and you should not rely on these comments as legal advice or in place of retaining an attorney of our own. The comments here are based solely on what you have provided and therefore are general in nature and with more specific facts or details a different answer or outcome could result. The legal system is not a perfect science and this attorney does not guarantee any outcome.

Mark as helpful

1 found this helpful

1 lawyer agrees


Very simply, in Ohio, sex crimes can not be expunged because there are enhanced penalties if you do it again so the state needs the prior crime record. Also, since so many years have passed, there is no way to vacate a plea if indeed you pled to the charge (you don't state how the conviction was obtained). I am sorry I could not be more encouraging.

Mark as helpful

1 lawyer agrees


In Ohio, you cannot expunge/seal a sexually oriented criminal conviction. Sorry.

Mark as helpful

Criminal defense topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics