I was charged with unlawful neglect if child. Entered plea deal for misdemeanor, making false statement to state agency.

Asked almost 2 years ago - Columbia, SC

I was sentenced to 6 months probation. As I was leaving the courthouse, my lawyer came running down the steps and said I had to go back in court. THey had to change something about my plea. Turns out that in SC, there is no probation code for making a false statement to a state agency. So, in court the second time,the solicitor's office had me withdraw my guilty plea to the misdemeanor and said I would apply for AND be approved for the pre-trial intervention program(PTI). THey've held my app for over a year. Can they go back and reinstate the original felony charge even though I've been to court for the misdemeanor plea deal? Worst case scenario, can I get sentenced more than the first sentence of probation for six months

Attorney answers (1)

  1. David F Stoddard


    Contributor Level 13


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . If your guilty plea was revoked before the term of General Sessions Court terminated, and your case has not been disposed of, then you are still subject to the original charge. You should ask your lawyer about the status.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

28,129 answers this week

3,072 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

28,129 answers this week

3,072 attorneys answering