Skip to main content

I was charged with theft of movable property and plea bargained to disorderly conduct. This was a situation with a former retail

East Brunswick, NJ |

I have since received a civil demand letter. Does this apply in the case of theft of movable property? I thought this was only for violations that are considered shoplifting?

Attorney Answers 3


I never had a client pay one of those. They never follow up on it.

Attorney answers to questions are for general purposes only and do not establish an attorney-client relationship. There are always specific facts that are important for an attorney to review before providing advice to a Client. In no way should you rely on the response provided herein to conduct your legal affairs on your own. You should always hire an attorney before you rely on advice provided.

Mark as helpful

2 lawyers agree


I agree with Mr Grimes. I wouldn't worry unless I was subpoenaed to court And then I would speak with a local attorney about it.

Answer is for informational purposes only and does not create an attorney-client relationship.

Mark as helpful

1 lawyer agrees


Read the AVVO archives on this. Most attorneys suggest not to pay especially if the chargeas have be lodged since the company likely will not sue. Read the archives for both sides.

Mark as helpful

1 lawyer agrees

Shoplifting topics

Recommended articles about Shoplifting

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics