Skip to main content

I was charged with theft by unlawful taking in 2005. I pled guilty, paid a fine, and recevied 6 mos unsupervised probation.

Carbondale, PA |

if or how can I get that expunged or do you have any advice for me. This is making it very difficult for me to find emplyment

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


Unfortunately, if there was an actual conviction/guilty plea, there's not much that you can do. You cannot expunge a criminal conviction unless you are over 70 years of age or, as absurd as it sounds, deceased.

Your only option would be to request a Governor's Pardon.


Another thought occurred to me. Did you actually plead guilty in 2005? or was it an ARD? If it was an ARD then you could likely get the arrest record expunged. However, as I already stated before, if it was in fact a conviction, expungement is not an option.


Mr. DeMatt's assesment is on target. The other option you would have is to apply for a govenor's pardon. It takes more time, is more expensive and they are difficult but not impossible to get.

Criminal defense topics

Recommended articles about Criminal defense

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer