I was charged with simple assult 4 weeks ago. Will this show up when my passport is scanned?

State College, PA |

I have a business letter from my company to work in Canada for a week and I was nervous my charge for simple assult will show up in the database even though I have not been to court.

1. Hopefully one of the attorneys here has specific prior experience with the situation you've described. For myself I do not have such, however, I have a suggestion. Try getting in touch with the Canadian consulate or embassy for their insight as the answer will ultimately be Canada's call. You mention the charges being four weeks old but say you haven't been to court yet. Under normal circumstances we are well beyond the time when you would have had a preliminary hearing unless the charges were initiated by means of a Criminal Summons mailed to you. If it occurred that way have you been fingerprinted yet?

2. No

Thomas Kenny tkenny@kmkmlaw.com 2152668544 Specific legal advice can only be given with full knowledge of all of the facts and circumstances of your situation. Posting a question on this website does not create an attorney-client relationship. All questions you post will be available to the public; do not include confidential information in your question. If you would like to consult with me privately, you may do so.