I was charged with sexual asult of a minor and took a polygragh test also gave dna and passed both and now the aleged victim is

Plainview, TX |

saying it has happened in the past what should be my next step in this matter

Next step should be to get a good criminal defense lawyer who is experienced in the defense of sexual assault of a minor cases.

Unfortunately, polygraph results are not admissible in Texas criminal trials. And, sometimes they are not accepted by prosecutors as a sufficient basis to drop a case. While many sexual assault cases involve DNA evidence, I have seen quite a few and heard of more over the years that did not involve DNA. One situation that is fairly common is a child who makes an outcry several months or even years after the events supposedly occurred.

You really do need a good criminal defense lawyer working on this, ASAP.

Answers on Avvo are for general information purposes only and should not be relied upon as legal advice. No attorney / client relationship is created by providing this answer. For specific advice about your situation, you should consult a competent attorney of your choosing.

If you are the suspect in a sexual case you need to contact an attorney. You shouldn't talk to law enforcement on your own.
Austin Jail Release and Bond Assistance
Austin Probation Lawyer

My answers are intended only as general legal advice and are not intended to create an attorney-client relationship. There is no substitute for a full consultation with a local experienced criminal defense attorney. For more answers based on my 19 years of experience visit my website,

Your first step should have been to hire a defense attorney experience with sex assault cases. If you haven't done that yet, it's definitely your next step.

Macy Jaggers's answer to a legal question on Avvo does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Ms. Jaggers offers everyone a free consultation to discuss their case. Feel free to call her office at 214-365-9800 to make an appointment (phones are answered 24 hours) or visit her website at for more information about her services and recent victories.

Your next steps are:
1) stop talking to cops; and
2) hire coounsel

The above is not intended as legal advice. The response does not constitute the creation of an attorney client relationship as this forum does not provide for a confidential communication.