I was charged with sexual asult of a minor and took a polygragh test also gave dna and passed both and now the aleged victim is

Asked almost 2 years ago - Plainview, TX

saying it has happened in the past what should be my next step in this matter

1. Evan Edward Pierce-Jones

7

Answered . Next step should be to get a good criminal defense lawyer who is experienced in the defense of sexual assault of a minor cases.

Unfortunately, polygraph results are not admissible in Texas criminal trials. And, sometimes they are not accepted by prosecutors as a sufficient basis to drop a case. While many sexual assault cases involve DNA evidence, I have seen quite a few and heard of more over the years that did not involve DNA. One situation that is fairly common is a child who makes an outcry several months or even years after the events supposedly occurred.

You really do need a good criminal defense lawyer working on this, ASAP.

2. Richard Timothy Jones

5

Answered . If you are the suspect in a sexual case you need to contact an attorney. You shouldn't talk to law enforcement on your own.
    www.austincriminaldefenseattorney.com
    512-495-1813
    Austin Jail Release and Bond Assistance
    Austin Probation Lawyer

3. Macy Michelle Jaggers

Pro

4

Answered . Your first step should have been to hire a defense attorney experience with sex assault cases. If you haven't done that yet, it's definitely your next step.

4. Harry Edward Hudson Jr

3

Answered . Your next steps are:
    1) stop talking to cops; and
    2) hire coounsel