I was charged with petty larceny and now I am on probation for 6 months

Edmond, OK |
Filed under: Criminal defense

I live in Oklahoma and this is my first offence,I just went to court today and the terms were a 300 dollar fine and probation. I was wondering what would happen should I fail a drug test on probation? Or is there any way I could pay a bigger fine or do community service instead of the probation?

Sounds like you entered a plea today as you state you are on probation. If so, it is basically too late to change that unless you file an application to withdraw plea and can show the plea was not voluntarily entered. If you test hot, you will violate your probation and can be sent to jail for violating probation.

Answers to AVVO questions are for general purposes only and do not establish an attorney-client relationship. This answer is not a substitute for legal advice and should not be relied upon without a full consultation with an attorney that can fully look at issues involved.