I was charged with moving traffic violation. Going 45 mph in 25 mph zone at residential area. Can I plead not Guilty? see below

Asked over 1 year ago - Xenia, OH

At night and clear weather, The officer pulled me over in OH route-72 road (55 mph zone) at Cedarville, OH. He stated that he caught me speeding 45 mph at residential road 25 mph using radar (which is more than half a mile from where I was at). (He was "stationary"). He asked for my insurance and driver ID. Then he gave me a ticket that I need to appear in court on Xenia, OH. I was not very familiar with the roads and speed limits on Cedarville, OH. It happened at night. There are not many streetlights out there. This is my first moving traffic violation. I never received a ticket in the past year. I'm always a good driver. What are my chances of being found not guilty not or a possible reduction in the charges (like just pay the fine, but no points added)?

Thanks

1. Noah Christian Munyer

Answered . You should plead not guilty at arraignment and ask that the matter be set for a pre-trial. That will give you the opportunity to speak with the prosecutor about the facts of your case.

2. Christopher Lee Beck

Pro

Answered . If you hire an attorney it is very possible that you could receive a reduction. The prosecutor in Xenia is pretty reasonable. Winning the ticket would be tough but depends on the facts. Not being familiar with the road is not a defense. I practice in Xenia and have handled numerous traffic tickets in Xenia. If you are interested in hiring an attorney give me a call.

Attorney Chris Beck
    Beck Law Office, L.L.C.
    Beavercreek, Ohio
    (937)510-6110 phone
    attycbeck@gmail.com
    www.becklawofficellc.com