I was charged with misdeminor at age 17 do i need to provide documentation of this inciden on my N-400 application?

I was charged at age 17 for theft at a retail store, i paid a $200 fine and did some community hours. Im 25 now have not been in any trouble im an undregaduate student and i want to apply for citizenship, do I need to provide any documentation of this incident on my N-400 because i was never arrested

West Palm Beach, FL -

Ayuban Antonio Tomas

Ayuban Antonio Tomas

Tax Lawyer - Coral Gables, FL

Yes, you need to disclose it.

THESE COMMENTS ARE NOT LEGAL ADVICE. They are provided for informational purposes only. Actual legal advice can only be provided after consultation by an attorney licensed in your jurisdiction. Answering this question does not create an attorney-client relationship or otherwise require further consultation.

Jeffrey Adam Devore

Jeffrey Adam Devore

Immigration Attorney - West Palm Beach, FL

You absolutely need to disclose it. Failure to do so can lead to denial of your application for fraud. Criminal matters can have a serious effect on naturalization applications and if not handled properly can often lead to the institution of removal proceedings. i suggest you consult with a qualified immigration attorney before filing your application.

Ekaette Patty-Anne Eddings

Ekaette Patty-Anne Eddings

Immigration Attorney - Atlanta, GA

You must disclose all arrests and convictions.

You should also obtain copies of dispositions and arrests records.

If you are not candid with all the questions on the N-400 form, your application will be denied.

It is advisable to discuss any concerns with an immigration lawyer before you file the form.

You are welcome to use the link provided below.

Goodluck.