I was charged with larceny over $250 by a single scheme. What are the potential penalties?

Asked over 1 year ago - Brewster, MA

I was working as a bartender; they have witnesses and private detectives recording the theft of $370.50 . I also wrote an apology letter prior to the notification of charges with a payment of $150 to the owner. I am due for arraignment Jan 7th .Please advise. Thank you

1. Ilir Kavaja

1

Answered . The crime you are charged with is a felony. The maximum penalties range from fines, to up to five year in state prison. This will depend on your criminal record and the circumstances of the case, as well as the manager's input, the police input, etc.
    I highly recommend speaking with a defense attorney to discuss facts in private and in confidence. An attorney will be able to give you some direction and ultimately represent you and fight for you. DO NOT admit anything to anyone anymore, do not apologize, do not do ANYTHING. Speak with an attorney ASAP.

Let me know if I can help.

Hope this helps and good luck,

Law Office of Ilir Kavaja
    30 Newbury Street
    Boston, MA 02116

617-515-5545
    www.KavajaLaw.com

2. Jessica Ann Foley

Answered . Hi,

You should hire an attorney and also NOT POST ANYTHING about your crime on the web. You should also not speak to the police further.

Depending on your record and the magnitude of the crime you can do up to five years in prison. Keep in mind often their are dispositions of cases that don't involve jail time.