I was charged with felony murder. My immediate family have given my appointed lawyer, other facts that will exclude me

Asked over 1 year ago - Macon, GA

The person that committed this crime is has told so many people that he's doing everything, to beat this charge, he sent a person to point me out in a line up. Is it best that i go to the detectives to let them know the whole story are let the appointed lawyer handle it.

1. Phillip Darrell Kimbrell

6

Answered . talk with your attorney..... Never talk with the police without your lawyer..... You are charged with the most serious charges so do not be foolish enough to think the police are going to help you

2. Jennifer M. Daniels

6

Answered . You need to talk to your lawyer and not put anything else out on the internet. If you have concerns about your lawyer, there are many highly skilled criminal defense lawyers out there. Do NOT, under any possible set of circumstances, talk to the police!

3. John Arnold Steakley

5

Answered . Your family didn't give you an appointed lawyer. The government did. The same government that's trying to convict you. Hire a private attorney. If you think you can't afford it, multiply a minimum wage job times 30 years and think about what your freedom is worth.

4. Lee William Fitzpatrick

4

Answered . Let your lawyer handle it. That's what lawyers are fore. Never talk to the police without your lawyer present.

5. Thomas D. Boley

3

Answered . Do whatever you can to hire a private defense attorney. It is going to take an enormous amount of work to present the defense you describe.

6. James Regan

Pro

2

Answered . There is no confidentiality online. Volunteering to answer this question does not create an attorney-client relationship. You are presumed innocent until proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt. The likelihood of a positive outcome- exoneration or a mitigated sentence- is increased with the help of an experienced criminal litigator. If you do not have an attorney, seek out an experienced criminal litigator for a free consultation. If you cannot find one on Avvo, search at the National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers (NACDL.org) Speak to several attorneys and hire the one that makes you feel confident and comfortable. NACDL local members: http://tinyurl.com/8ru8wtv

Educational purposes answer. | FACDL.org | NACDL.org | Defendme.net | twitter.com/JReganLLM | Non-privileged answer.