I was charged with DUI first offence bac .12 in chesapeake VA, i live in texas,im working here, what are the charges and fines?

Asked about 1 year ago - Chesapeake, VA

I want to know what fines and charges im facing? Also will the state of virginia pull my record from texas.

1. Stephen Patrick Pfeiffer

Pro

8

1

Answered . First of all you need to appear at court. If you fail to appear the court will not decide the DUI case but will issue an arrest warrant. The maximum fine is $2500 plus court costs and up to one year in jail. You need to hire local counsel and prepare your defense.

2. Cassie Lynn Baudean

7

1

Answered . You need a virginia attorney ASAP. Your attorney will be able to explain the whole process and possibly reduce the sentence you could be facing. Contact local counsel ASAP b

3. James Edward Short

Pro

6

Answered . DUI is a class 1 misdemeanor. If convicted, the maximum period of incarceration is 12 months in jail and the maximum fine is $2500. It is important to hire an attorney who is experienced in these matters. I have been practicing criminal and traffic law for over 20 years. If you would like to set up a consultation, please contact me at 757-410-5042. My office is located in the Greenbrier section of Chesapeake.

4. Jasen Bodie Nielsen

Pro

4

Answered . The prosecution in VA will almost certainly have your TX record. Talk to a few VA DUI attorneys and hire the one that is the best fit. Good luck.

Jasen Nielsen

5. Robert Louis Wegman

Pro

1

Answered . In addition to what has already been stated, if convicted you also face a 12 month suspension of your privileges to drive in Virginia. I'm assuming you are licensed in TX. If so, only TX can suspend your TX license and the DMV there may do so based on the Virginia conviction. The best thing to do is to consult with a Virginia Attorney who can get into all the subtleties of the DUI procedures (including Field Sobriety Tests) and the consequences of a conviction.