I was charged with dui after a bac revealed a .18 It is my first offense and I don't have much money for an attorney.

Asked over 1 year ago - Harrisburg, PA

Drove my car into a ditch, no other persons, vehicles or property were involved. No injuries.

1. Forest Dean Morgan

10

Answered . Although I do not see a question, I presume you are looking for advice. While this board can provide general information, it cannot substitute for the advice of an attorney following a full review of the facts of your case.

If you cannot afford an attorney, you may be eligible for representation by a public defender. However, you should first attempt to contact attorneys to determine their fees. Many, like me, offer free consultations or case evaluations. Www.dui-case-evaluation.com

For more information about DUI law, procedure, and defenses, click a link below.

F. Dean Morgan
    Www.fdeanmorgan.com
    The Morgan Law Firm
    Hershey, PA

2. Zachary Cooper

7

Answered . If this is your first offense you should be eligible for the ARD program. This is a program designed for first time offenders with no record. If you successfully complete ARD there would be no jail time, no conviction and a license suspension of 2 months in your case rather than a year. You may also have some defenses to consider and for that reason at minimum I would contact the Public Defender in the county where this occurred to understand your rights and possible scenarios in your situation if you cannot afford a private attorney. I hope this was of some help to you.

3. Jake Kathleen Marcus

4

Answered . First, see if you qualify for court appointed counsel. If not, find a way to pay for counsel. While this is a first offense, you fall into the highest blood alcohol level category. Therefore, in the absence of ARD, you face:
    12 month license suspension
    72 hours to 6 months prison
    $1,000 to $5,000 fine
    alcohol highway safety school
    treatment when ordered

4. Steve Edward Jarmon Jr.

Pro

Answered . You may qualify for that particular county's ARD program, which is a first time offender program that can result in the charges being dismissed. Most criminal attorneys will offer a free consultation, so it may benefit you to at least set up an appointment with an attorney who has experience handling DUI cases in the county that you were arrested.

One or more answers have been taken down.