I was charged with drinking in public . went to trial and lost.told to pay 300$ i dont have by tomorrow. what the worst outcom

Asked almost 2 years ago - New Rochelle, NY

the cop took my id seen i had no warrants wrote me a ticket and said he would see me in court where he lied under oath. i was eating and drinking ice out of an ice cup. he never took my cup or smelled my cup.this happened in july 2012. this ell be about my fourth time infront of the judge who clearly told me hes tired and he has given me enough time. im unemployed and i really dont have it and i wasnt even drinking alcohol. what can the judge do. this is not a crime.

1. Joseph A Lo Piccolo

5

Answered . He can enter a judgement for the amount!

Joseph A. Lo Piccolo, Esq.
    Immediate Past President, Criminal Courts Bar Association 11'-12'
    Hession Bekoff & Lo Piccolo
    1103 Stewart Ave, Suite 200
    Garden City, NY 11530
    516-408-3666 (o) / 516-408-3833 (f)
    Jlopiccolo@hbclaw.net

2. Michael J Palumbo

Pro

4

Answered . He can remand you to custody.

3. Jeffrey Bruce Gold

4

Answered . Obviously, you were either convicted or plead guilty to the charges. The judge could have a judgment entered against you. He could also remand you into custody for a short period of time, but that seems unlikely. Did you have a lawyer represent you at any point in the proceeding.

4. Benjamin J Lieberman

4

Answered . The judge could put you in jail or make you perform some sort of community service. Another option is to try and work out some sort of payment plan. At least you can show that you trying to make an effort to pay something.

5. John M. Cromwell

Pro

4

Answered . A few days of jail is possible. Even if you can't come up with the whole amount, try to show up with something to show good faith.