I was charged with class a misdemeanor theft in 2012 for not reporting all of my earning to Texas Department of Human Resources

Asked about 1 year ago - Houston, TX

for the year 2008-2009.I did pay the fine back to prevent any charges going against me. Still received a charge after the fine was paid back in full. Can I get this case sealed or overturned and if so how much money do I have to have?

1. Macy Michelle Jaggers

Pro

1

Answered . It depends on the disposition of the case. If the case was dismissed outright, you can expunge it. If you successfully completed deferred probation, you should be able to seal it. Consult a defense attorney in your county to to confirm the disposition and your options.

2. Anthony Michael Solis

Pro

1

Answered . Yes, you still received the charge because the crime was still committed. The payment of restitution doesn't unring the bell. Whether you can get the case "overturned" is a totally separate question as to whether you leave the conviction intact and are for expungement or some other post-conviction relief. You should contact a Houston lawyer directly for eligibility and cost.