I was charged with assault 4 DV, Dv charge was dropped, can I get a concealed permit with the assault 4 on my record?

Asked about 4 years ago - Oak Harbor, WA

I was charged with assault IV DV. The Dv was dropped and I pled guilty to assault IV. Does this stop me from getting my permit to carry concealed? as i read RCW, it says assault IV where domestic violence has occured, does it have to be convicted of DV, for it to "have occured?" thank you

1. Bruce Clement

Pro

Answered . You should re-post this question for answer by a criminal law attorney.

2. Lance Rodman Fryrear

Pro

Answered . You should not lose your firearm rights if you domestic violence tag was dropped as part of the plea deal. You should double check with the court, however, to make sure that is how the charge was reported to the Washington State Patrol. You can also check your official WSP record here: http://www.wsp.wa.gov/crime/crimhist.htm

Hope that helps.