Skip to main content

I was charged with aggravated assault for stabbing my ex boyfriend and he gave me a black eye and wasn't convicted of anything

Mount Carmel, PA |
Filed under: Criminal defense

my boyfriend At the time kicked in my back door and punched me in the face I threw a can of soda at his back and wen he kicked the door in the molding stuck him in the shoulder he told them I stabbed him I let them search my house no weapon was found and he turned in an exacto knife a week after I was arrested I don't know weather to plead no contest or not guilty he has been arrested for beating me before and sat three months for hit I don't have the money for a lawyer BC my job has been on hold since this all happened I need help please

Attorney Answers 4


If you don't have money for a lawyer, this is precisely the time of your life when you need to prevail on parents, family, friends etc. and gather up the resources to defend yourself. These are SERIOUS charges that carry hefty consequence. you appear to have some adequate defenses, not to be trusted to an amateur. That said, if you are truly indigent, you will qualify for the services of a public defender, many of whom are fine attorneys.

No legal advice is given here. My responses to questions on Avvo are never intended as legal advice and must NOT be relied upon as if they were legal advice. I give legal advice ONLY in the course of a formal attorney-client relationship. Exchange of information through Avvo's Questions & Answers forum does not establish an attorney-client relationship with me. That relationship is established only by joint execution of a written agreement for legal services. I am only licensed in the States of California and New York and the District of Columbia

Mark as helpful

3 lawyers agree


You should speak to a criminal defense attorney at once, if you do not have money for private counsel call the local bar association for help and/or petition the court for a public defender; good luck.

The above answer is for information only; and does NOT constitute legal advice. This answer does not constitute, nor does it create, an attorney-client relationship between KaplunMarx, PLLC, Theodor Kapun and any receiver. The information provided on these pages is general only, and you should not act upon this information without consulting with a qualified attorney.

Mark as helpful

4 lawyers agree


You need to speak to an experienced local criminal defense attorney about your case. Only an experienced local attorney will be able to assess the merits of your case and possible defenses or mitigating factors.

If you cannot afford to hire an experienced local criminal defense lawyer, request a public defender be appointed when you get to court.

Mark as helpful

3 lawyers agree


You need to stop posting incriminating information on line. Instead, you should focus on retaining an experienced criminal defense attorney. Good luck.

Mark as helpful

2 lawyers agree

Criminal defense topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics