I was charged with a UMP and received an ACD .

Asked almost 2 years ago - Brewster, NY

Would a routine traffic stop such as speeding, or a missing brake light bring back my charges?
or am i only to stay out of trouble referring to the marijuana?

1. Eric Edward Rothstein

2

Answered . A traffic ticket would not cause a prosecutor to restore the ACD.

2. John M. Cromwell

Pro

2

Answered . No, a routine traffic stop would not cause the DA's Office to reopen the marijuana charge. A new arrest for a criminal offense could, in theory, cause the ACD'd matter to be reopened.

3. Carl Scott Spector

Pro

2

Answered . A new arrest for a criminal charge is the intent of a violation of the ACD, not a traffic infraction.