I was charged with a felony but reduced to a misdemeanor for a DUI, do I answer yes on appl for charged with a felony?

Bensenville, IL |

My charge was reduced from a felony to a misdemeanor in court. How do I answer an application for work?

1. If the question specifically asks about felony arrests, the answer is yes. If the questions asks if you were convicted of a felony, the answer is no.

2. If you were indeed CHARGED with a felony and the questions asks if you have ever been CHARGED with a felony, then the answer would be YES.

Usually on most questionairres of this nature there is a section for an explanation and that is where you can go into detail regarding the circimstances.

If the question asks if you were CONVICTED the answer would be NO.

3. I concur with the above answer. Be sure what the question asks. Although you were "charged" with a felony you were not "convicted" of a felony. It's also been my experience (professionally speaking) that people get "arrested" for a misdemeanor but upon review of their record the State then "charges" the offender with a felony.
    To re-cap: charged, yes; convicted, no; arrested, maybe.