Skip to main content

I was charged with a Drunk and Disorderly Conduct charge in Lassen county in California what can I expect?

Susanville, CA |

I have two prior convictions of a class a misdemeanor in Oregon and a class c misdemeanor in Oregon. I have been a model citizen and am not on probation. I also work two jobs will that help in sentencing?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


You do not say what the priors are for that will make a big difference. I would recommend hiring an attorney.
Robert Driessen

Mr. Driessen is a former Deputy DA in Orange County with over 8 years of criminal law experience. Nothing stated on this site shall in anyway be construed as legal advice, or as creating any attorney client relationship. If you would like to hire Mr. Driessen, feel free to contact him at


You need to talk to a local Lassen County attorney about your options. I once did a residential burglary jury trial in Lassen County in the mid 1990's. I was not impressed by either the judge or the local DA and felt like I was in the Wild West rather than California. Those rural counties can be notorious for handing out stiff sentences on minor violations of the law, so talk to an attorney soon.



Hello Joseph i am thinking about fighting this case myself on the grounds that i was not a danger to myself or others and the other element of the crime that I was not obstructing a public access road such as a sidewalk or road. I was in the middle of the parking lot walking home. I wasnt passed out or trying to fight anyone. I got lippy with the cops and told the jailers off when I got there and raised a little hell once i was in the drunk tank which is essentially why they decided to actually charge me is what the jailer said. But jail isnt a public place right? Its not freely accessed by members of the community so I wasnt being disorderly in public. Either way I was thinking about fighting it myself up until the point I may need a little bit more knowledge. What is your retainer and fees for a charge like this?

Joseph Salvatore Farina

Joseph Salvatore Farina


Thank you for your interest in my services. Unfortunately, since Lassen County is more than two hours from Sacramento and I haven't had a case there since 1997, I think the better move would be to hire local counsel. It simply would be cost prohibitive for you to have me drive there to fight your case as an out of town attorney. I will put out inquires to see if I can find local counsel for you.


You need to hire a criminal defense attorney to represent you. Your priors in OR may or may not appear on your CA record check. Get counsel to assist you for the best result.

I am trying to give you a general answer to your question. We do not have an attorney-client relationship by this response on the avvo website. I have not been retained to represent you. I am licensed to practice law in Kentucky and in federal court in this state and the Southern District of Indiana. You need to seek legal advice from an attorney licensed to practice in your area..

Criminal defense topics

Recommended articles about Criminal defense

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer