I was charged with 2 misdemeanor thefts in mid-late 2012. and am being summoned a third time for the same charge

Asked over 1 year ago - Bangor, ME

my very first theft i took eye shadow, they would not give it back even if I paid and I still had to pay restitution and was arrested.... this is my third misdemeanor theft, so far Ive been charged to pay court cost, restitution, and fines and only arrested once. My latest fine is all paid off and Iam being very honest and cooperative... will I be facing jail the this time? is there any plea I can give to avoid jail time? Iam a single mother with 2 kids (4 and 1) and going to school f-t with very little income... please help

1. Luke S Rioux

3

Best Answer

Answered . If you have two prior theft convictions a third offense can be charged as a felony. It's not mandatory to be charged as a felony but it is allowed. Felonies a maximum of five years in prison. There is no minimum sentence on a felony theft. Still, the prosecutor may offer any number of resolutions that would avoid a felony charge and would avoid jail time. Your best bet is to get an excellent attorney onboard immediately. They will be able to help you defend the case and negotiate with the prosecutor.

My Website|more
  2. Stephen Ross Cohen

1

Answered . Ask for a Public Defender and why are you doing this? Are you a kleptomaniac? I think you need some counseling. You seem to be unable to stop acting on impulse.

3. Stephen Ross Cohen

1