I was Charged with 155.25 and 165.40 for theft of under $100. ACD done and record sealed. I want to enlist in Army.

Brooklyn, NY |

I was Charged with 155.25 and 165.40 for theft of under $100. ACD done and record sealed. I want to enlist in Army as Mavni recruit. What should i do as they dont allow more than one charges?

1. It appears that this is not an immigration question.

(734) 369-3131. This communication does not establish and attorney-client relationship with the Law Office of Michael Carlin PLLC or any individual member of the office. Confidential information should not be sent through this form.

2. this is not an immigration question. talk to the recruiter.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS www.myattorneyusa.com; email: info@myattorneyusa.com; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.

3. It was one case and it was dismissed. What's your issue? Have you spoken to a recruiter?

I am a former federal and State prosecutor and have been doing criminal defense work for over 16 years. I was named to the Super Lawyers list as one of the top attorneys in New York for 2012 and 2013. No more than 5 percent of the lawyers in the state are selected by Super Lawyers. Martindale-Hubbell has given me its highest rating - AV Preeminent - in the areas of Criminal Law, Personal Injury, and Litigation. According to Martindale-Hubbell”AV Preeminent is a significant rating accomplishment - a testament to the fact that a lawyer's peers rank him or her at the highest level of professional excellence." Fewer than 8% of attorneys achieve an AV Preeminent rating. I also have the highest ranking – “superb” – on Avvo. Feel free to check out my web site and contact me. The above answer, and any follow up comments or emails is for informational purposes only and not meant as legal advice.

4. It really should not be an issue. It was one case and it was not a conviction. It was ALL dismissed and sealed

Joseph A. Lo Piccolo, Esq.
    Immediate Past President, Criminal Courts Bar Association 11'-12'
    Hession Bekoff & Lo Piccolo
    1103 Stewart Ave, Suite 200
    Garden City, NY 11530
    516-408-3666 (o) / 516-408-3833 (f)
    Jlopiccolo@hbclaw.net

I am a criminal defense attorney practicing in Nassau, Suffolk and New York City. The above information is not a substitution for a meeting whereas all potential legal issues can be discussed.

5. Military recruiters evaluate potential recruits, and waivers are allocated, based on the underlying misconduct charged versus the actual outcome of the case. Unfortunately, in a lot of cases whether or not you are able to enlist may depend on how much effort the recruiter is willing to put forth. Currently, I have 2 clients who are working through similar issues so that they can enlist. Give me a call, I would be happy to discuss your options with you. The initial consult is always free. Good luck.

6. Speak with your Recruiter.

If you are on an ACD, you will need to have it terminated or wait until it is completed. Then you will have to wait 90 days to formally enlist. So again, speak to your Recruiter as soon as you can.

Best of luck from a former Marine.

Military law topics