I was charged w/ 2 first degree felonies that were dropped to a 4th degree misdemeanor. Why do felonies still show on my record?

Louisville, KY |

Both charges were amended, but they still show up on my record.

They will continue to show up because that's what you were charged with. Your record should also reflect that the charges were amended and you were never convicted of those felonies.

Because you were originally charged with a felony offense. We do have 2 expungement statutes in KY that are available when the time-frames are met: KRS 431.076 and 431.078. Contact a local criminal defense attorney for a consultation. www.kacdl.net

I am trying to give you a general answer to your question. We do not have an attorney-client relationship by this response on the avvo website. I have not been retained to represent you. I am licensed to practice law in Kentucky and in federal court in this state and the Southern District of Indiana. You need to seek legal advice from an attorney licensed to practice in your area..