I was charged for battery because I threw a glass of water on someone. I sought the help of an attorney who went to court for me

91710 |

the court sent me a letter stating it was a $785 fine with 3 years probation I am not guilty of the charges and will not accept the terms of my supposed crime I want to fight it . I consulted an attorney which I have not paid but his asst. showed up with me to court and at that time I was told to wait another 6 months .... Is this fair or LEGAL? I don't know whats going on... help

Not clear what happened here. Did you hire the attorney? What was the reason for the 6 month delay? Did you agree to it. You need to clarify this post.

No legal advice is given here. My responses to questions on Avvo are never intended as legal advice and must NOT be relied upon as if they were legal advice. I give legal advice ONLY in the course of a formal attorney-client relationship. Exchange of information through Avvo's Questions & Answers forum does not establish an attorney-client relationship with me. That relationship is established only by joint execution of a written agreement for legal services. I am only licensed in the States of California and New York and the District of Columbia

You really need to consult with an attorney. You say that you're not guilty, but also admit throwing the glass of water, so it's probably best if you stop posting details online. It sounds like your case will drag on for a long time in its current state. Hire a locally experienced defense attorney and let a professional deal with this for you. Best of luck.

Jasen Nielsen

Get an attorney ASAP . Your facts do not jive. Did you go to court with attorney and enter a plea?

Andrew Roberts (818) 597-0633/ (805) 496-7777

You have posted 3-4 questions related to your issue. It is obvious that your situation is gar too complicated to be adequately answered on a public forum like this.

I think it is time to hire (yes, actually pay) a lawyer in your area to help you sort this out.

Reliance on any information in this website is at the sole risk of the user and the user understands that he or she should consult with an attorney before taking a course of action based upon information contained in this website. The information on this website does not constitute an attorney-client relationship.

David Matthew Piper

David Matthew Piper

"Far" that is.