I was charged for an assult when I was 13 and my records have been sealed but now it's affecting my current job. What should I

Florida |

I was charged for an assult when I was 13 and my records have been sealed but now it's affecting my current job. What should I do?

1. You should add information about why you consider the record sealed and how it is affecting your current job.

2. I agree with Mr Mosca. I have had many clients tell me that they believed that juvenile records are somehow auotmatically sealed once they become an adult. This is not the case under Florida law. You may need to request a sealing or expunction ( if the charges were dismissed) pursuant to Florida Statute 943.0582. This requires that the proper documents be filed with both the FDLE and the local court. Most attorneys who handle criminal cases will do this for a reasonable fee plus costs....one caveat - with the proliferation of information on the internet, I always advise my clients that while the court and law enforcement records can be sealed, there is no longer the guarantee that ALL references on the internet can be taken down..good luck

Robert Heyman, Esq