I was charged and I have been abroad for 10 years. What could happen if I were to return to the US? What should I do?

S 22.021. AGGRAVATED SEXUAL ASSAULT. (a) A person commits an offense: (B) intentionally or knowingly: (i) causes the penetration of the anus or sexual organ of a child by any means;

Dallas, TX -

Evan Edward Pierce-Jones

Evan Edward Pierce-Jones

Criminal Defense Attorney - San Angelo, TX

Aggravated sexual assault of a child is an extremely serious offense. What should you do? Probably a good start would be to contact a Texas criminal defense lawyer for representation NOW so that if this case is not well founded, it can be addressed and perhaps resolved. Certainly this is a charge that nearly all countries with extradition treaties with the USA would return you to the USA to face, so it still follows you outside of the USA.

There are many excellent attorneys available through avvo listings and other sources who might be able to advise you on how to proceed. For more general information on the criminal justice system in Texas, you may wish to visit my firm's website, http://www.epjlaw.com.

Macy Michelle Jaggers

Macy Michelle Jaggers

Violent Crime Lawyer - Dallas, TX

You will be arrested, extradited to the county that filed the case, and prosecuted for the offense.