I was charge with embezzlement of 7000

Asked over 1 year ago - Warren, MI

and this is my first offense what i do

1. Scott Matthew Aaronson

Pro

7

Answered . Best advice is to get a Criminal Defense attorney AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. A criminal defense attorney can go through the court process along with what is likely to happen.
    -Attorney Scott Aaronson
    877-I-CAN-WIN
    Free Consultations.

2. Benjamin W. Scott

8

Answered . You definitely need to hire an attorney. If you are convicted of a crime, you will face difficult consequences for the rest of your life. Get an attorney right away. If the police ask you any questions, tell them that you won't answer them until you get an attorney.

3. John F. Brennan

6

Answered . Engage an attorney immediately and speak with no one about the incident until you have counsel.

4. David B Pittman

Pro

7

Answered . Hire a criminal lawyer and speak only with them only from here on out.

5. Kristin A. Stone

Pro

5

Answered . Since it is your first offense, there are many more options for you. Macomb County will occasionally reduce felonies for first time offenders to misdemeanors (with restitution) if you enter into a plea. You have a right to a trial, of course. The prosecutor must first prove that there is enough evidence to charge you with this crime at a preliminary exam which should take place within 14 days of your arraignment. You should request court appointed counsel if you cannot afford to retain an attorney. If you need time to come up with money, you can always substitute your appointed counsel with retained at any time, but you need an attorney at all proceedings so request a court appointed if you need one. If the prosecutor can meet this burden, the case goes forward to be set for trial or plea. Best.

6. Raymond George Wigell

Pro

4

Answered . Consult with an experienced criminal defense attorney. The discussion should include a review of the facts and an outline of your available options.