Skip to main content

I was charge with embezzlement of 7000

Warren, MI |

and this is my first offense what i do

+ Read More

Attorney answers 6


You definitely need to hire an attorney. If you are convicted of a crime, you will face difficult consequences for the rest of your life. Get an attorney right away. If the police ask you any questions, tell them that you won't answer them until you get an attorney.

This response is for information only and does not create a lawyer-client relationship. Responses are general in nature, and may not apply to your specific fact situation. Without knowing all of the facts, I cannot be sure that this response is actually the best course of action for you.


Hire a criminal lawyer and speak only with them only from here on out.


Engage an attorney immediately and speak with no one about the incident until you have counsel.

To the PROSPECTIVE client, please call myself or another attorney for your choice with more detaiils and an appointment. My PRELIMINARY answer to your question(s) is for general purposes and based upon what little information you have conveyed. It is based on such limited information that the general answer should never be relied as a reason for your action or inaction. My response does NOT establish an attorney-client relationship and such may only be established by mutual agreement, and the signing of a written retainer agreement, which will generally require payment for our services, as this is what we do for a living and, just like you, we must get paid for our work.. .


Best advice is to get a Criminal Defense attorney AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. A criminal defense attorney can go through the court process along with what is likely to happen.
-Attorney Scott Aaronson
Free Consultations.


Consult with an experienced criminal defense attorney. The discussion should include a review of the facts and an outline of your available options.

Of course every answer is based on the question asked and requires a more complete context. This answer should not be relied upon to make a legal decision. Seek the advice of an experienced attorney before acting.


Since it is your first offense, there are many more options for you. Macomb County will occasionally reduce felonies for first time offenders to misdemeanors (with restitution) if you enter into a plea. You have a right to a trial, of course. The prosecutor must first prove that there is enough evidence to charge you with this crime at a preliminary exam which should take place within 14 days of your arraignment. You should request court appointed counsel if you cannot afford to retain an attorney. If you need time to come up with money, you can always substitute your appointed counsel with retained at any time, but you need an attorney at all proceedings so request a court appointed if you need one. If the prosecutor can meet this burden, the case goes forward to be set for trial or plea. Best.

Criminal defense topics

Recommended articles about Criminal defense

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer