I was charge of petty theft and reduce to an infraction. How can this affect me in getting a green card and am I elegible for

Asked over 1 year ago - Ventura, CA

A waiver 212 and or join the armed forces and expedite my situation?

Attorney answers (3)

  1. John M. Kaman


    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . A California infraction is not a conviction under the standard federal regulations so you have nothing to worry about.

  2. Majid Seyfi

    Contributor Level 10


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . If you have no other convictions or residency issues, this infraction won't affect your immigration status.

  3. Pius Joseph


    Contributor Level 14

    Answered . You will be able to benefit from the "petty offense" exception to the Crime of Moral Turpitude conviction. So you should be OK.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

25,960 answers this week

2,768 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

25,960 answers this week

2,768 attorneys answering