Skip to main content

I was chaptered out of the Military one day before my ETS date and was denied treatment for PTSD?

Tacoma, WA |

I have lost my GI bill benefits and do not qualify for Unemployment. I am receiving treatment at the VA Center and have a claim pending. When I asked for help in the Army,I was mocked and bullied. They denied me of assistance despite showing signs of PTSD. I sent a letter to my Senator who has told me to contact them after I submit my DD293 to see what then can do. Am I better off fighting this on my own by submitting a DD293 form or do I need an attorney?

Attorney Answers 3

  1. You should get an attorney who does these type of cases. We cannot guarantee a result. But we know stastically you have a better chance at success. Congressmen are not usually any help.
    You can contact us through the profile or links, or others who do military cases. 703-298-9562, 800-401-1583. Answering your question does not create an attorney-client relationship.

  2. I assume you are the same individual I spoke with the other day about these exact same facts. If so, please give me a call back to discuss, as I don't have your number. Thanks.

  3. Concur with the above. Yout didn't define what you why you were adminstratively chaptered or the characterization of service but be aware that can definitely have an affect on your claim for disability compensation with the VA under Title 38.

Wills and estates topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics