I was chaptered out of the Military one day before my ETS date and was denied treatment for PTSD?

Tacoma, WA |

I have lost my GI bill benefits and do not qualify for Unemployment. I am receiving treatment at the VA Center and have a claim pending. When I asked for help in the Army,I was mocked and bullied. They denied me of assistance despite showing signs of PTSD. I sent a letter to my Senator who has told me to contact them after I submit my DD293 to see what then can do. Am I better off fighting this on my own by submitting a DD293 form or do I need an attorney?

You should get an attorney who does these type of cases. We cannot guarantee a result. But we know stastically you have a better chance at success. Congressmen are not usually any help.
You can contact us through the profile or links, or others who do military cases.

mljucmj@gmail.com 703-298-9562, 800-401-1583. Answering your question does not create an attorney-client relationship.

I assume you are the same individual I spoke with the other day about these exact same facts. If so, please give me a call back to discuss, as I don't have your number. Thanks.

No I am different person seeking advice .

William Emil Cassara

William Emil Cassara

Ok thanks. I agree with Mr. Cave. You have much too much to risk to go this alone. As I frequently tell people, I am not a mechanic so I don't work on my own car. I don't recommend people who are not attorneys practicing law. Feel free to contact me for a free consultation.

Concur with the above. Yout didn't define what you why you were adminstratively chaptered or the characterization of service but be aware that can definitely have an affect on your claim for disability compensation with the VA under Title 38.

I received a General Discharge for a "Pattern of Misconduct". I received write ups for things like "Not yelling loud enough during formation", "Missing a Spot While Shaving" "Forgetting to fill my Units Canteens during training". Even once I received a write up because I took my newborn to his doctors appointment after giving my unit Two Weeks notice.

Seth A Director

Seth A Director

Upon receiving your application for benefits the VA will make an initial determination regarding the character of service. It doesn't sound like that will be an issue based upon the facts provided, however, be aware that those determinations are appealable. The below linked article into today's NYTs gives a good account of the military's upgrade of discharge process and the effects on entitlements. The attorneys who responded to your orginal question can provide further guidance on that process. http://www.nytimes.com/2012/12/03/us...x/8HIHUYB4yTsA

Wills and estates topics

Recommended articles about Wills and estates