I was changing lanes on a local road, had blinker on, thought I had room, but my car and car in other lane collided. My rear

Asked over 1 year ago - Denville, NJ

quarter panel and front fender of other car. There were scratches on both cars, no dents. Very minor damage to both Other driver called cops and I got careless driving tckt What are chances in fighting? Have clean driving record if that matters

1. Mark Vincent Kuminski

6

Answered . Based upon the factual scenario you described, your chances of success in obtaining a complete dismissal of the ticket may be somewhat limited. Alternatively, you may want to plead not guilty, go to court, and then ask to speak with the proesecutor. If you have a clean driving record and no one was injured in the accident, there is a fairly good chance that the prosecutor will agree to plea your ticket down to a no point ticket. Be advised, however, that the no point ticket may have a greater monetary fine. Depending on what you plead guilty to, you shgould know that there may also be a limit on the number of times you can plea to certain no point tickets. Some people actually prefer to plead guilty to the ticket with the points, as opposed to the no point ticket, as the fine is less and the points may be dropped over time if you have no additional tickets.

2. Matthew C Simon

Pro

4

Answered . Its a tough road to hoe without an attorney. Also, if you're found guilty, there could be a subsequent civil lawsuit. I would immediately seek the consult of an experienced attorney who handles these types of situations. I offer free 30 minute consultations. Good luck.

LAW OFFICE OF JOHN TIERNEY
    Matthew C. Simon, Esq.
    1259 Route 46 E.
    Building 3, Suite 133
    Parsippany NJ 07054
    (973) 588-3050
    www.johntierneylaw.com

Pro

4

Answered . Spend a couple hundred bucks for a local traffic court lawyer, and your chances for a successful outcome increase exponentially.

4. S. David Rosenthal Esquire

Pro

5

Answered . Seems like a ticky tack citation, and your best chance may be that a judge agrees and decides to let you off, but that may be a long shot. The clean driving record will probably not affect a finding of guilt or innocence. Your best chance is to call a traffic citation attorney to evaluate the case.

5. James Michael Bergener

Pro

5

Answered . If you feel the evidence is strongly in your favor and you want an expert to help you, you can hire a traffic attorney to build your case. Otherwise, you can request a trial by written declaration and attempt to persuade the judge to dismiss the violation.

6. George Costas Andriotis

3

Answered . Consult a traffic ticket attorney with all of the evidence to investigate the incident and advise you.

Call for a free consultation at 727-937-1400 or visit us on the Web at www.serviceandjustice.com.