I WAS CAUGHT TRESPASSING ON MY ATV TODAY ALONG WITH MANY OTHERS. LAND WAS POSTED. IS THIS GOING TO BE AN EXPENSIVE FINE?

Asked over 1 year ago - Theodore, AL

DETAILS ARE THAT LAND WAS POSTED, BUT MANY PEOPLE FREQUENT THE AREA AS A POPULAR WEEKEND DESTINATION TO TAKE THEIR KIDS TRAIL RIDING. OFFICER RELEASED ME SAYING THAT I'D HAVE TO TURN MYSELF IN TO BE ARRESTED AND PROCESSED. TIMES BEING HARD AS THEY ARE I'M WORRIED ABOUT HOW MUCH THIS COULD POSSIBLY COST ME. HE DID SAY THAT IT WOULD BE A MISDEMEANOR.

1. Pascal Bruijn

2

Answered . Criminal Trespass 3rd Degree is a violation (not a misdemeanor) punishable by up to 30 days in jail and a small fine. If the officer mentioned it would be a misdemeanor (possible if the property was fenced it enclosed) the charge can be 2nd Degree Trespass which is a Class C misdemeanor punishable by up to 90 days and a $500 fine. You need to hire a lawyer to get this dismissed or charge reduced. Lots of good lawyers in Mobile.

2. John Douglas Lloyd

Pro

1

Answered . It'll cost you even more if you don't get an attorney to make sure the damage is minimized. I would get in touch with someone in your area that is familiar with the court you'll be dealing with.